For 3-4 portions you need:
- 500g ground beef (Rinderhackfleisch)
- 1x onion (Zwiebel)
- 100g mushroom (Champignons)
- 2 carrots (Möhren)
- 1 bay leaf (Lorbeerblatt)
- a bit (approx. 1 tablespoon) tomato puree (Tomatenmark)
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock (Hühner- oder Gemüsebrühe)
- 700g potatoes (Kartoffeln)
- a bit milk
- 20g butter
- a bit olive oil
- 200g cheese, I like alpine cheese, 3 month (Käse, ich bevorzuge Bergkäse, 3 Monate gereift)
- spices: salt, pepper
First you cut the carrots into small round slices and the mushrooms and the onion into small pieces. Now you gently roast the ground beef, the bay leaf, the onion pieces, the mushroom pieces and the carrot slices in a pan for approx. 10 minutes. Next, put the tomato puree into the pan and gently roast for 2 more minutes. Now put the stock (chicken or vegetable), salt and pepper into the pan. Everything must simmer now at low heat.
In the mean time cook the potatoes and prepare with the potatoes, a bit milk and the butter a potatoe puree (put everything together and stamp it).
Grate the cheese.
Heat the oven at 200°C. Oil a casserole and put the ground meat-vegetable-mix (remove the bay leaf first) into it. Next, put the potatoe puree over the meat-vegetable mix and put the grated cheese on top. The casserole must stay 20-25 minutes in the oven.